Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook

         I liked to think the best of all social media sites including Facebook. That is, as long as the user respects the rules and privacy of the site. However, after reading the article "Why Facebook Is After Your Kids", my optomism for social networking changed. I learned that Facebook itself doesn't even really respect your privacy so why would users respect the site in turn? From both the in class discussion and the article, I now feel that sites like Facebook aren't secure. I am now very skeptical of posting to Facebook, and am even questioning if I need a Facebook profile at all. Everyones' opinions from class caused me to question what I thought I already knew about Facebook. I can't say I feel safe about the use and privacy of Facebook now.

No comments:

Post a Comment