Thursday, October 20, 2011

In Search Of

A) I learned that you really have no control over your searches online and that your searches are completely filtered to what the website thinks you want to know.
B) I don't really feel like I am getting the vast abundance of information that the internet claims to give you. I almost feel ripped off.
C) My question would be that in the future, will Internet control what we think completely? 
D) You have to be precise in what you are searching for, and you should cross reference with your friends to see what results they get.


      Overall I learned that the Internet really doesn't provide the user with the vast amount of information that they expect. In redoing the Shakespeare research I used more than one search engine. I also didn't just click on the first link that popped up. Instead, I went to the second or third page of the search engine and found a link. I feel this gave me a wider range of information. 


       I didn't really find more information about Shakespeare, but I did find a lot of articles that involve Shakespeare. For instance, I found a NY times article that used Shakespeare, and compared his warriors in his plays, like Caesar, to that of the modern soldier. I also found a lot on how people are trying to revive Shakespeare through new age plays and art. 
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/08/theater/08bran.html?ref=williamshakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment